- Global smartphone shipments declined 4percent annually in CY 2018. Emerging markets growth could not offset the decline in developed markets.
- Chinese Players HOVX (Huawei, OPPO, , Xiaomi) continue to defy market decline ending the year with positive growth.
- Top 10 OEMs contribute almost 77percent of the global smartphone market, thereby leaving 600+ brands competing for the remaining 22percent of the market.
- Samsung led the smartphone market by volume, while Nokia HMD, Huawei and Tecno were among the fastest growing brands quarter.
- Apple iPhone shipments declined 4percent during the CY18 but overall 2018 revenues for iPhone grew 6percent.