The TV and video industry continues to grow as a medium. Thus, getting the marketplace more fragmented, eMarketer, research company focused on digital transformation, has released its 2020 TV and Video trends report, displaying where viewers are going to be spending their time.
The report highlights 8 trends that will guild marketers deciding where to invest their video marketing efforts with a special focus on cable TV, connected TV, over-the-top, social media video platforms.
The report advised that understanding the reasons for these trends will help any marketer to make better decisions on where to spend their video ad dollars in 2020. “We explore the how and why of each of these eight trends in the full 2020 TV and Video Trends report from eMarketer, where you will learn more about where viewers are going to be spending their time,” it noted.
The eight bold predictions for the year are:
1. More Fractured Viewership Will Make It Harder to More Reach Viewers
2. ‘Bundled’ Cable Packages User Growth Will Slow
3. TV Advertising Will Continue to Decline… After 2020
4. Connected TV Viewership Will Ad Buyers to Scale
5. Video Ads Will Account For Almost 50% of US Programmatic Spending
6. Facebook’s Social Video Ad Market Share Will Decrease
7. Ad-Free Viewing Will Give Rise to Product Placement
8. Tracking Universal Video Metrics will Remain Difficult