Tradefada, an advanced and easy-to-use Nigerian cryptocurrency mobile application for buying, selling and exchanging Bitcoin has released some predictions for the African Fintech space.
Tagged ‘2022 predictions for fintech in Africa’, the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of the company, Mr. Seun Dania noted that the fintech ecosystem will get more Foreign Direct Investments in 2022 with more unicorns arising from within Africa, which will aid in the building of projects that will solve the insistent challenges face in Africa and across the world.
Here are the six predictions
- Africa is the present and future and as such, I see the fintech ecosystem getting more Foreign Direct Investments in 2022, more unicorns will arise from within Africa which will aid in the building of projects that will solve the insistent challenges face in Africa and across the world.
- More traditional banks will embrace fintech and provide better digital services
- The banks will also embrace Blockchain Technology and Cryptocurrency
- Customers will be KING, as the fintech space expands, more businesses will start to focus on more customer-centric solutions.
- More stringent regulation will be seen within the space
- Retailers will adopt cryptocurrency and E-Naira, Increasing embedded finance thereby making it easier for consumers to complete checkout on their personal devices.
This is coming days after Insider Intelligence released what its called ‘Fve Fintech Trends to Watch in 2022’.
Insider Intelligence’s five trends are the fintech funding boom will usher in a new era of digital offerings, big tech will make big moves in banking and insurance, hyperpersonalization will catch on in banking and wealth management, digital brokers will hunt for new revenue sources as the day trading frenzy dies down and crypto adoption will go mainstream, while defi faces its first major hurdle.