As the Coronavirus, also known as Covid-19 is ravaging the world forcing people to work from home, the Chief Executive Officer of Fornetix, Mark Gilroy has given some cybersecurity/cyber hygiene tips for remote workers.
He said these tips are some of the key measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 is social distancing, which for many organizations means encouraging – or instructing– staff to work from home.
“Moving at short notice from a trusted office environment to working remotely can create security risks. Switching to remote working because of the coronavirus can create cybersecurity problems for employers and employees,” he stated.
Here are some tips to watch
- Be suspicious of any emails asking people to check or renew their passwords and login credentials
- Suspicious of emails from people you don’t know
- Ensure your Wi-Fi connection is secure
- Ensure anti-virus is in place and fully updated
- Lock your screen if you work in a shared space
- Check if you have encryption tools installed