Following the rising cyber threats where cybercriminals are reported to have unleashed 411,000 malicious files daily in 2023, Kaspersky’s detection systems have recommended 11 tips to stay protected in the coming year for users and organisations.
The 11 tips are:
- Do not download and install applications from untrusted sources.
- Do not click on any links from unknown sources or suspicious online advertisements.
- Create strong and unique passwords, including a mix of lower-case and upper-case letters, numbers, and punctuation, as well as activate two-factor authentication.
- Always install updates. Some of them may contain critical security issue fixes.
- Ignore messages asking to disable security systems for office or cybersecurity software.
- Use a robust security solution appropriate to your system type and devices, such as Kaspersky Premium.
- Always keep software updated on all the devices you use to prevent attackers from infiltrating your network by exploiting vulnerabilities.
- Establish the practice of using strong passwords to access corporate services. Use multi-factor authentication for access to remote services.
- Choose a proven endpoint security solution such as Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business that is equipped with behavior-based detection and anomaly control capabilities for effective protection against known and unknown threats.
- Use a dedicated set for effective endpoint protection, threat detection and response products to timely detect and remediate even new and evasive threats. Kaspersky Optimum Security the essential set of endpoint protection empowered with EDR and MDR.
- Use the latest Threat Intelligence information to stay aware of actual