Facebook Twitter LinkedIn RSS
    Trending
    • Meet the future leaders being empowered through PalmPay Young Stars
    • Looters: Nigerian poet, Agarau, builds public archive tracking politicians, Firms and Corruption Cases in Nigeria 
    • Nigeria moves to review 26-year telecom policy amid rising network failures
    • Digital Realty’s CEO to lead discussion on data centres and digital economy at WACC 2026
    • Mixed reactions as Nigeria launches “GovGuide,” a multilingual AI platform for civic engagement
    • Why public institutions must embrace AI responsibly – NITDA
    • Meta generates $820 million in annual economic value for Nigeria
    • Beyond the vibe: Bridging Africa’s Build Divide with Intelligent Infrastructure
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
    ITPulse.com.ngITPulse.com.ng
    • News
    • Interviews
    • Blogs
    • Analysis
    • Opinion
    • Videos
    • Press Releases
    • Pictures
    • Advertise
    ITPulse.com.ngITPulse.com.ng
    Home»News»Fayose raises alarm, says government plans to jam telecom network on election day
    News 2 Mins Read

    Fayose raises alarm, says government plans to jam telecom network on election day

    mmBy ITPulseFebruary 13, 2019
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

     

    The immediate past Governor of Ekiti State, Mr. Ayodele Fayose has raised alarm that the Federal Government has perfected plans to jam telecoms networks on Saturday and Sunday during the elections in Nigeria.

    Fayose, one of the leaders of the opposition People Democratic Party raised the alarm via his Twitter handle @GovAyoFayose.

    He said the jamming of telecoms networks will start from 5am on Saturday till 5pm on Sunday. Thus, making it impossible for the use of Internet and phone calls during the elections.

    He also disclosed that the equipment for the sinister plot was imported from Isreal and was tested last week Thursday and Friday.

    Fayose’s alarm is coming less than two weeks when the Office of the National Security Adviser (NSA) in a statement denied the allegation that it has directed the Independent National Electoral Commission to work with Internet Service Providers to shut down Internet access for the forthcoming elections to facilitate rigging.

    The statement, which was signed by its spokesman, Danjuma Reuben urged the public to disregard the allegation, describing it as disinformation.

    “We have no plan to shut down the Internet. In fact, the Internet and associated communication infrastructure are major components of the Critical National Information Infrastructure, which ONSA is mandated to ensure its security,” the statement reads.

    It added that the Office in collaboration with relevant Ministries, Departments and Agencies of Government makes continuous efforts to protect them and improve service delivery to Nigerians, disclosing that every single national security platform in Nigeria rides on the Internet to function. “Shutting down the Internet is akin to shutting down national development and security,” it noted.

    It also assured that the Office of the National Security Adviser remains committed to protecting the rights of the public to access information and Communications Technology facilities.

    APC Ayo Fayose Elections INEC NCC Nigeria PDP
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
    mm
    ITPulse
    • Website
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn

    ITPulse is a wholly information technology communication (ICT) news website, with a special focus on the African continent. The website provides up-to-date biz-tech news, analysis and comprehensive and thorough insight into the continent's ICT terrain

    Related Posts

    Looters: Nigerian poet, Agarau, builds public archive tracking politicians, Firms and Corruption Cases in Nigeria 

    May 22, 2026

    Nigeria moves to review 26-year telecom policy amid rising network failures

    May 22, 2026

    Mixed reactions as Nigeria launches “GovGuide,” a multilingual AI platform for civic engagement

    May 22, 2026

    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Latest Posts

    Meet the future leaders being empowered through PalmPay Young Stars

    May 23, 2026

    Looters: Nigerian poet, Agarau, builds public archive tracking politicians, Firms and Corruption Cases in Nigeria 

    May 22, 2026

    Nigeria moves to review 26-year telecom policy amid rising network failures

    May 22, 2026
    About
    About

    Itpulse.com.ng is a wholly information technology communication (ICT) news website, with special focus on the African continent. The website provides up-to-date biz-tech news, analysis and a comprehensive and thorough insight info the continent's ICT terrain.

    Contact us: editorial@itpulse.com.ng

    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn RSS
    Latest Posts

    Meet the future leaders being empowered through PalmPay Young Stars

    May 23, 2026

    Looters: Nigerian poet, Agarau, builds public archive tracking politicians, Firms and Corruption Cases in Nigeria 

    May 22, 2026

    Nigeria moves to review 26-year telecom policy amid rising network failures

    May 22, 2026
    Popular Posts

    Mixed reactions as Nigeria launches “GovGuide,” a multilingual AI platform for civic engagement

    May 22, 2026

    South Africa leads Nigeria and Kenya in generative AI adoption

    May 19, 2026

    Moniepoint to showcase Africa’s brightest engineering talents at Dreamdevs Bootcamp

    May 18, 2026
    © 2017 - 2026 Itpulse.
    • Terms & Conditions
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.