The Nigerian government through the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), has sponsored five Startups from Nigeria out of the six from Africa to participate at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2021, a US-based technology event that provides ground for breakthrough technologies and global innovators.
The other startup that will feature at the event, which holds annually every January in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA is from South Africa.
A statement from NITDA disclosed that this will be the first time Nigerian Startups will be exhibiting at CES and will showcase to the world what Nigeria has achieved in the technology sector and also have the opportunity to woo potential investors and attract Foreign Direct Investments.
“Nigeria is participating at CES 2021 to showcase some of its innovative startups to the world. Though this is not the first time the country has showcased innovation and groundbreaking initiatives, it has been sponsoring startups to different fora around the world,” said Director General of NITDA, Mal. Kashifu Inuwa, while featuring live on Business – a Deutsche Welle’s TV Programme.
He said Nigeria has taken startups to different fora around the globe, like Silicon Valley Roadshow and Gulf Information Technology Exhibition (GITEX), where they have been doing fantastically during competition at different IT events.
Abdullahi added that with the current condition of Covid-19 pandemic that is accelerating digitization, Nigeria sees it as an opportunity to expose its Startups to the world so that they can start thinking global.
The sponsored startups are Vinsighte, VNTS, Traceroot, LexChain, and Powerstove.
About the Start ups (products):
- Vinsighte is a digital health startup which makes use of Artificial Intelligence and assistive technology to prevent visual impairment and aid the visually impaired to live more comfortable lives.
- VNTS has designed a patented all-in-one device for Home/SME LTE Broadband deployment and easy networking. When plugged into wall sockets in a building it delivers superfast 5G/LTE Broadband and using the electrical cabling, distributes data & delivers complete Wi-Fi coverage.
- Traceroot is a Facial Recognition Solution that helps law enforcement accurately Identify criminal suspects. We build security tools in the absence of good providers partner with the best existing solutions, so you can get to track your suspects in-depth.
- LexChain – Using Blockchain we provide Government, Businesses and Individuals the ability to verify and securely exchange digital assets. Features include;
- Secure Digital Asset Ownership Verification
- Secure Storage of Confidential Records
- Digital Asset Integrity Verification
- Secure Transfer of Digital Assets
- Well Documented & Easy API
- Powerstove Energy is one of the fastest-growing off-grid clean energy companies in West Africa. Our mission is to replace dirty and expensive lighting and cooking solutions with sustainable energy alternatives for the 150 million people living without electricity in West Africa. The product, OranjBoxx is a versatile ‘Plug and Play’ Solar Home System that power lights, radios, TVs and charge phones. Each unit is SMART, and connects remotely to our central database to support PAYG, enabling proactive maintenance and remote firmware updates