The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) has announced Agomate, BridgingSpace and 28 others as top tech startups that have qualified for the Bridge to MassChallenge Nigeria (B2MC Nigeria) programme.
The 30 startups will participate in an intensive, virtual boot camp between 24th of January and 18th of February 2022 in the NITDA-sponsored national startup competition that identifies and accelerates the most high-impact startups across Nigeria.
B2MC Nigeria is a collaborative programme between the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) and MassChallenge, a global network for innovators, headquartered in the United States of America.
The participating startups will have access to tailored mentoring and coaching offered by NITDA and MassChallenge mentors, curated curriculum based on startups’ needs focusing on global best practices around innovation and entrepreneurship, and access to the MassChallenge global network. The top 30 startups were selected after a rigorous online selection process evaluated by both local Nigerian innovation experts as well as experts representing the global MassChallenge community.
The boot camp will culminate in a pitch-competition that will determine the top 10 startups that will get access to curated support and connectivity into an existing MassChallenge innovation hub like Boston, MA, through a second boot camp.
The B2MC Nigeria selection drive is industry agnostic, thus a wide range of applications were received from the agricultural, Info-Tech, transport, finance industries to name a few. Applications from the six geopolitical regions were captured to provide an equitable playing field for our startups that will be supported, both within Nigeria and internationally.
Below is the complete list of the startups selected to participate in the B2MC Nigeria boot camp:
- Agromate Nigeria:AgroMate is a youth-led agricultural development organization that leverages technology to improve the agricultural sector.
- Aadana Smart Storage System:Aadana is a Solar Powered Smart Storage System which is smart. It can control/regulate the internal condition of the system.
- Agbero:Agbero helps pre-book public inter-state travel vehicles in order to reduce waiting time and helps track real-time location for security’s sake.
- Alaajo:Alaajo help users achieve their financial goals through savings automation, access to spot credit and simplified mortgage finance.
- Avas Technologies Limited:AVAS Tech addresses prevalent identity verification problems across sub-saharan Africa using customized to environment biometric solutions.
- Bridgingspace: An online platform that helps people with anxiety and depression get easy access to online counselling, support groups & self-care.
- Bulkieshare:BulkieShare is a Platform that makes it easy and convenient for users to jointly purchase items DIRECT from farmers and manufacturers and then share accordingly.
- Cartrep: Cartrep uses AI technology to connect last mile logistics companies with their customers within and outside their geographical coverage.
- Cyber Security Challenge Nigeria Initiative:Cyber Security Challenge Nigeria Initiative focuses on identifying Nigeria’s next generation of cyber security professionals, connecting Nigeria’s best and brightest to the cyber security industry, creating an enabling platform for skill acquisition, youth empowerment and local content development in the area of information and cybersecurity towards national and economic development of Nigeria.
- Daydone:An Agric eCommerce platform that brings farm produce and experience (using data) to the doorstep and fingertip of every consumer.
- Dozzy Agricultural Enterprise:Dozzy Agricultural Enterprise is an integrated fish farm focused on closing the gap between market demand and supply of fish food
- Edig-Ken Ventures:Hydroponics fodder production is when animal feed is grown without soil using little water and seed. Our solution is to provide sufficient, all-season availability and highly nutritional feed called fodder for livestock farmers to purchase for their animals.
- Elcornel Business Enterprise:Elcornel Farm is dedicated to the use of high quality, modern and efficient food technology to meet demand for organic and quality food.
- Eteicon: Eteicon uses recycled wastepaper to produce very hygienic and affordable toilet tissue for low-income families.
- Evet Inc: Evet is a cloud-based platform that connects farmers to on demand agronomy advisory support, veterinary extension service and farm inputs.
- Fuelintellisense Nigeria Limited: FuelIntellisense is a fuel management system that helps facilitates fuel inventory management and provides authorization for fuel dispensing.
- Ghats Technology Innovative:I recently graduated from college with a HND in electronics & Telecommunications. I run a small engineering firm Ghats Technology Innovative
- High Soles Farm Tours:By leveraging technology, we directly connect farmers with consumers that care about purchasing fresh produce at a lower cost.
- Hydronamics:Hydronamics wishes to help bring clean running water to every home in developing countries, using prepaid water delivery services.
- Maximus Recycling Solutions:provides households a chance to generate value from their waste and provide a reliable supply of raw material to the local recycling industry.
- Moon Innovations:Moon Innovations is building generation of smart system for smart housing across Africa.
- Mysolarbid Limited:MySolarBid helps homes and businesses save up to 70% on their monthly electricity costs through access to clean energy solutions.
- Negs Empire:Negs Empire is a product and service based Agrictech company, majored in beekeeping, honey packaging and Farm management with probiotics.
- Northflx Nigeria Limited:Northflix is a video streaming platform that targets Africans and those in diaspora with local contents that connect them with their culture.
- Roborep:The RoboRep platform helps Genuine Medical Companies find Doctors, Hospitals and Pharmacies to sell their Medical products to.
- Solio Leathers:Solio Leathers is a computer software integrated footwear manufacturing company with mission to drive footwear market in Nigeria and Africa.
- Spacehunt Inc20:Spacehunt is a mobile app that creates a virtual immersive experience for properties/space renters and buyers.
- Specxs Care Limited: We are a licensed healthcare company that is leveraging technology to increase access to healthcare using digital technology.
- Sublime Squares:Sublime Squares developed an IoT based smart waste-bin solution to optimize the entire waste management process.
- The Footwear Academy: The Footwear Academy is a hub that provides holistic solutions around footwear manufacturing and connects African shoemakers to the world.