Social innovators and entrepreneurs across Africa including Nigeria, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, South Sudan, Rwanda, Uganda, Cameroon, Tanzania, and Zambia have been called to register for the 2023 Sahara Impact Fund (SIF) program.
The Sahara Impact Fund Program 2023 is being put together by Sahara Foundation, the corporate citizenship vehicle for leading energy and infrastructure conglomerate.
It is a strategic partnership between Sahara Foundation and LEAP Africa, which is aimed at providing support to business ideas and solutions that will increase access to clean energy and promote sustainable environments.
“The aim of the program is to better equip the young social entrepreneurs to build sustainable businesses which will in turn grow their respective economies, contributing to the growth of the continent at large. We believe that entrepreneurs and game-changing business owners are the backbone of the African economy and are essential to its growth and development. Therefore, our goal is to provide the resources and support they need to succeed while improving lives and livelihood within their communities and across the African continent as a whole,” said Ejiro Gray, Director, Sahara Group Foundation.
- SIF is open to African social enterprises and entrepreneurs across the following countries- Nigeria, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, South Sudan, Rwanda, Uganda, Cameroon, Tanzania, and Zambia, between the ages of 25-40.
- Organisations must have been in existence for at least one year.
- Organisations must submit social solutions within the Foundation’s key focus areas of Clean and Affordable Energy and a Sustainable Environment.
- Nonprofits or social businesses must be registered with their country’s relevant regulatory and government bodies as funding will not be given to cater for that, or to individuals in their personal capacity.
- Only technology-based innovative solutions with measurable community impact will be considered. submissions must show evidence through the provision of web links and other online presence.
- All submitted social solutions must have been implemented, must be at the growth stage and have direct beneficiaries. Evidence of claim through pictures, news releases, etc must be documented and shared during the application.
- Innovations must show sustainability and scalability.
- SIF applications end on April 30, 2023.
- All entries for this fund must be in English or French.
- Only one entry will be accepted per organization. Once an entry has been submitted, no further changes will be accepted.
- No entry fee or payment of any kind is required.
- Winners will be announced via our social media channels and awards will be given at our offices in the countries where the competition is held.
Interested social innovators and entrepreneurs can visit https://saharagroupfoundation.org/sif/ to apply.